This is a call for all Lady members who may be available to represent the Club in the forthcoming Ladies Friendly match at Dalmahoy on Wednesday 16 August with a tee off time of 2.00pm. The organiser, Sheena Crerar is looking for a further 5 or 6 players to play in this match and if anybody wishes to play and is available, please contact Sheena ASAP. Please rally round to assist the Club.
I just thought I would add a wee photo of our efforts to play the Invitation at the weekend!
The ladies welcomed our visitors and made a gallant effort to play today, however after 3 holes nearly all of the greens were under water and the hooter sounded.
All was not lost though. We went into the clubhouse and enjoyed a superb buffet served up by the catering team.
Unfortunately, it isn’t feasible to reschedule this event as the calendar is full, so fingers crossed for next year.
You may have noticed the inclement weather! Here is the plan….
Please turn up. If the weather improves, we will play. If the weather does not improve we will have a quiz in the clubhouse followed by an earlier meal.
If you are not planning to attend, please telephone the shop and let them know.
Thank you, Evelyn H
Saturday 22nd July, 3:15pm
This is a fun, shotgun event followed by a meal….
- Please hand in the £22 entry fee to Ailsa or David in the office as soon as possible. It is important that we have the money in in advance.
- Some entrants have not yet entered the name of their partner. Please add the names to the list so that we can do the draw.
- If you don’t have a partner from another club, you can still play with a partner from Liberton but you won’t be eligible to win the competition.
- If you would like to play, but don’t have a partner, please contact Anne White and she will try to find a partner for you.
- There are still a few places available, so please enter soon if you would like to.
Two Liberton Ladies teams participated in the event at Royal Musselburgh on 6th July. Including the caddies, 16 ladies had a great day out!
Round 1 in the morning, a picnic lunch, round 2 in the afternoon, a beautiful dinner in the clubhouse. The sun shone a little, it rained quite a lot, the golf was pretty good (we finished somewhere in the middle). The event was won by Mortonhall Golf Club.
A huge thank you to the caddies who were invaluable, especially when it rained. Well done to the players…